Cummins Inc. is a global power leader, approaching 100 years of diesel engine production. The world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel engines and related technologies has pioneered many industry firsts since its inception in 1919. From being one of the first companies to instigate the use of diesel in commercial vehicles to running the first diesel race car, Cummins has consistently been at the forefront of technological developments in this ever-changing industry.
Cummins is the engine specialist. The company’s product portfolio is unique in the industry, comprising of a wide range of engines and related component technologies. This gives Cummins the ability to provide tailored solutions to meet and exceed the needs of global markets and customers. Worldwide technical expertise enables Cummins to work closely with vehicle and equipment manufacturers to ensure that their products provide the best possible value to their customers, wherever they are located.
Support from Cummins goes way beyond the sale. The dedicated global network of over 6,000 service outlets is the largest in the industry. This gives confidence to manufacturers who know that support is available for their products, right around the world. For users of Cummins powered products, there is a local Cummins dealer that can meet all of their service needs. Emissions regulations are becoming increasingly more stringent. Cummins remains at the forefront of developing and applying new technology, enabling the company to meet current and future legislation. Cummins product strategy is not only focused on reducing the impact on the environment, but also adding value to customers through benefits in performance and running costs.
Over many years, Cummins products have built a reputation for their reliability, durability and dependability. This is also the case of Cummins employees who are dedicated to provide the best levels of service to customers, whilst upholding the company’s key values of integrity and diversity.
- The world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel engines with Net Income of $2.1 billion in 2018.
- A global company with manufacturing facilities in 13 countries of the world including US, UK, China, India and Brazil.
- Investing over $600 million per annum in research and development to maintain technology leadership from 37 to 3281 kW (49 to 4400 hp).
- Successfully providing engines to a wide range of applications including truck, bus, construction, agriculture, mining, oil and gas, rail, marine, military and power generation.
- A supplier to over 1,200 equipment manufacturers in over 190 countries around the globe.
- A diversified corporation of four complimentary business units:
- ENGINES diesel and natural gas engines from 2.8 to 95 litres and 37 to 3281 kW (49 to 4400 hp).
- POWER GENERATION commercial generator sets, consumer generator sets for recreational vehicles, marine, commercial mobile and portable units; and alternators.
- COMPONENTS filtration, exhaust aftertreatment, turbochargers and fuel systems, Cummins Electronics and Fuel Systems.
- DISTRIBUTION retail and wholesale of engines and power generation equipment, parts and service for engines, business solutions for end-user requirements.
- ELECTRIFIED POWER SEGMENT is the newest of our business segments, it is positioned to provide fully electric and hybrid powertrain solutions along with technology leading components and subsystems to serve all our markets as they adopt electrification. Currently in development are the Cummins Battery Electric System (BES) and the Cummins Power Hybrid Plug-In (HPP) systems for urban bus, which are expected to launch in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
Cummins in Russia
Cummins presence in Russia dates back to the middle 1970’s, when Cummins engines entered the market as installed in imported mining dump trucks. Since then Cummins brand has become widely acknowledged among major mining sites of the former Soviet Union, creating a strong foundation for the customer’s loyalty that we are proud to declare.
Cummins Regional Office was founded in Moscow in 1985 and followed later by the establishment of the distributor office in 2003 and the joint venture with the leading local truck manufacturer KAMAZ in 2006. Service support is executed from regional branch in Kazakhstan and Republic of Belarus and a network of over 100 Cummins authorized dealers and partners.
Currently Cummins business in Russia and CIS is a well-diversified sales portfolio serving over 30 OEM customers in the territory. As one of the global emerging markets with a high growth rate.